How remarketing works in email marketing? Posted on : June 3, 2023
Remarketing in email marketing refers to the practice of targeting specific segments of your email list with tailored messages in order to re-engage them and encourage them to take a desired action. It involves sending personalized emails to individuals who have already interacted with your brand or subscribed to your email list but haven’t yet converted or remained active.
Here’s how remarketing works in email marketing:
- Segment your email list: Divide your email subscribers into different segments based on their behavior, preferences, or actions they’ve taken. This could include segments such as inactive subscribers, cart abandoners, first-time purchasers, or specific interest groups.
- Define remarketing goals: Determine the objectives you want to achieve with your remarketing emails. It could be to re-engage inactive subscribers, recover abandoned carts, encourage repeat purchases, or upsell/cross-sell to existing customers.
- Craft personalized emails: Create targeted email content that addresses the specific needs, pain points, or interests of each segment. Use merge tags and dynamic content to personalize the email content with recipient-specific details like their name, purchase history, or browsing behavior.
- Set up automated workflows: Use an email marketing automation platform to create automated workflows or drip campaigns that send remarketing emails based on specific triggers or actions. These triggers could include a subscriber becoming inactive, abandoning their cart, or reaching a specific milestone.
- Timing and frequency: Determine the appropriate timing and frequency for your remarketing emails. Experiment with different intervals between emails and monitor the response rates to find the right balance. Be careful not to overwhelm recipients with too many emails, as it can lead to unsubscribes or reduced engagement.
- A/B testing: Test different variations of your email subject lines, content, CTAs, or design to optimize your remarketing campaigns. Split your segments and send different versions of the emails to each group, then analyze the performance metrics to identify the most effective elements.
- Monitor and analyze results: Track key metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and revenue generated from your remarketing emails. Analyze the data to gain insights into what’s working well and where improvements can be made.
- Optimize and iterate: Continuously optimize your remarketing campaigns based on the data and insights you gather. Make adjustments to your email content, timing, targeting, or segmentation to improve results and increase conversions.
By implementing remarketing in your email marketing strategy, you can reconnect with your audience, nurture relationships, and increase the likelihood of conversions. It allows you to deliver personalized and relevant content that encourages recipients to take the desired action and move further along the customer journey.
Start getting in touch with your customers with DotMail’s email marketing system.